Helping You Protect Your Family
The attorneys at Franz Hultgren Evenson, P.A., are firmly committed to helping families through the legal, emotional and financial issues associated with family law matters. Our dedicated family law attorneys – Joann Evenson and Aaron Decker – practice in a variety of family law areas, including divorce, custody, parenting time, division of marital property, spousal maintenance, complex business valuations, child support, grandparent rights, third-party custody and more.
Contact us to schedule a consultation with a proven family law attorney. We take the time to listen to your concerns, assess your needs, create solutions, negotiate settlements and zealously advocate for you throughout the court process and trial.
Family Law Focus Areas
The attorneys at Franz Hultgren Evenson, P.A., are caring, knowledgeable and experienced. We will work tirelessly to find a path that works for you and your family as you move through the process and beyond. Family law matters are emotional and complex. Let our expert attorneys guide you.
We help you explore all of your options when it comes to divorce and legal separation. Your family is unique. We help tailor a solution that fits your needs in:
- Divorce and legal separation
- Property values & division
- Nonmarital property determination
- Complex business & real estate ownership interest determination
- Working with experts (business valuations, custody evaluations, etc.)
- Alternative dispute resolution and mediation
- Prenuptial & postnuptial agreements
- Post-dissolution matters (Enforcement of orders, modification of custody, child support and spousal maintenance, etc.)
You want what’s best for your children. Let us help you navigate the system so you can concentrate on being a parent and being with your child(ren). We understand each family and situation is unique. We will listen to your concerns and develop a strategy based on what matters to you. We handle matters such as:
- Child custody
- Establish legal custody
- Determine who makes decisions regarding the child’s health, education and religious needs
- Establish physical custody
- Determine the amount of time a child spends with each parent and which parent will make decisions about the child’s daily needs
- Modify child custody
- Establish legal custody
- Parenting time (Visitation)
- Establish regular, holiday and vacation parenting time that meets the needs of children and their parents
- Modify parenting time
- Child support
- Establish child support in district court or the expedited process
- Determine income from simple to complex (e.g. self-employed or commission-based)
- Modify child support
- Work with custody evaluators
- Recognition of parentage
- Adoption and stepparent adoption
- Termination of parental rights
- Child in need of protection or services (CHIPS)
Complex Business & Real Estate
Our attorneys are experienced in a wide variety of situations ranging from simple matters to those involving complex business, real estate and agriculture/farm issues. Our firm also has attorneys who practice heavily in a business, real estate and agriculture/farm law. We handle matters such as:
- Marital and nonmarital property determination
- Inheritance of farm, business or real estate
- Valuation and division of farm, business, real estate and equipment
- Working with business valuation experts and financial accountants
Spousal Maintenance (Alimony)
Our attorneys make sure you are treated fairly so you can maintain a reasonable standard of living after the marriage is dissolved. We can assist with:
- Establish spousal maintenance
- Modify or terminate spousal maintenance based on various factors, including cohabitation of the recipient
Third-Party / Grandparent Rights
Under Minnesota law the court may grant visitation or custody rights to grandparents or other third parties. All families are unique and so are the circumstances involved in raising children. Grandparents or nonparent individuals who have had significant contact with the children may qualify for custody or visitation rights under certain circumstances. Let us help you explore options to establish and maintain your third-party custody or visitation rights.
Mediation & Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR)
Our family law attorneys are qualified by the Minnesota Supreme Court as neutrals under Rule 114 of the Minnesota General Rules of Practice for the District Courts. They have experience representing clients in mediation as well as serving as mediators. Our attorneys work hard to prepare and guide you through mediation to ensure the best results.
Contact us to schedule a consultation with a diligent, proven and effective family law attorney. Give us a call at 320-200-1267 to get started.