Help With All Your Adoption Concerns
Building a family through adoption requires an experienced attorney. Because the adoption process can be difficult and confusing, you want an attorney who can anticipate challenges and minimize the risks involved. Minnesota law requires that adoptions be completed via a court process so the best interests of the child can be protected. An adoption involves much more than filing papers with the court. The exact steps you need to follow and documents you need to file depend on the type of adoption.
We have handled a wide variety of adoptions for individuals and couples. Contact an experienced attorney today to learn more.
We Listen To Your Story
We understand each situation is unique. We will listen to your needs and concerns then develop a strategy based on what matters to you and the requirements of your case.
Our clients find adoption is an excellent way to grow their family and provide many legal benefits for the children. We put a high priority on personal service and attention, including making certain that you always remain informed regarding the status of your case.
Our Adoption Practice
Our goal is to help families and children. We handle many adoption matters for individuals and families.
- We protect the interests of individuals who seek to adopt the minor child of a spouse or domestic partner through stepparent and second parent adoptions.
- We handle all matters related to direct placement adoptions, also known as open adoptions or independent adoptions.
- We handle all matters related to relative adoption, also known as kinship adoption.
- We serve as the liaison between attorneys for the biological mother and biological father and your adoption agency.
- We prepare all required court documents and serve as your advocate in all hearings and proceedings.
For experienced representation in adoption, contact us to schedule an initial consultation.
How To Choose An Adoption Attorney
- Contact an attorney as early as possible in the decision-making process.
- Choose an attorney who is experienced in the type of adoption you are considering.
- Understand the estimated total cost of the adoption, including the attorney fees.
- Learn about the specific types of adoptions and services the attorney provides.
- Ask lots of questions, share your concerns, and provide the attorney with all relevant documents and information that could affect qualifying to adopt.
- Recognize that the requirements for adoption vary depending on the type of adoption sought.
Contact An Attorney For Adoption Assistance Today
At Franz Hultgren Evenson, P.A., we establish close working relationships with clients resulting in strong and effective representation. If you find yourself in need of an adoption attorney, please contact us today or give us a call at 320-200-1267 to schedule an appointment.