He received his Bachelor of Science and Bachelor of Arts from Bemidji State University where he majored in Political Science and Economics and earned Magna Cum Laude honors.
John attended Hamline University School of Law where he received the President's Scholarship and participated in the Willem C. Vis (East) Arbitration Moot. Prior to joining Franz Hultgren Evenson, he was an associate at a law firm in Rochester. He also had a solo practice for three years. John's first job out of law school was working at a Chinese law firm where he worked on international trade issues and bilingual contract drafting. He currently speaks fluent Mandarin.
John represents individuals, businesses, and local governments in Central and Southeast Minnesota. He has experience working on a variety of civil litigation cases and many contested matters before numerous administrative bodies. From contract disputes to employment discrimination matters, he has navigated many complex situations and procedures to achieve successful outcomes for his clients. His goal is to provide value to his clients by focusing on achieving client goals as efficiently as possible.
John and his wife, Dawnielle, have a blended family with five kids. John enjoys learning languages, golf, the Minnesota Vikings, and spending time with his family and friends.
- Hamline University School of Law, St. Paul, Minnesota
- J.D. - 2012
- Bemidji State University , Bemidji, Minnesota
- Honors: magna cum laude
- New York
- U.S. District Court District of Minnesota
- Stearns-Benton Bar Association, Member, Present
- John E. Simonett American Inn of Court, Member, Present
- Minnesota State Bar Association, Member
- Minnesota State Bar Association, Civil Litigation Section, Member
- St. Cloud Area Chamber of Commerce
- Central Minnesota Builders Association
- Mandarin Chinese
ATTORNEY AT LAW
- Civil Litigation and Appeals
- Real Estate
- Employment Law
- Administrative Law
- Wills, Trusts, Estate Planning & Probate
- Guardianship & Conservatorship
- Business Law